“Sizzling shrimp fajitas are a favorite of my family’s. I prefer flour tortillas, husband likes corn. Use whatever suits you.”
- 1 1⁄4lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2teaspoon pure chile powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1⁄4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lime, juice of
- 8 -12 flour tortillas or 8 -12 soft corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 green onions, cut into thirds
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1/3 inch strips
- sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- minced red onion
- Add shrimp, salt, cumin, chile powder, oregano, garlic, lime juice to a large bowl or heavy duty zip-top plastic bag.
- Toss until spices are distributed and shrimp is well coated.
- Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet (cast-iron is best).
- Add the green onions and peppers; cook and stir occasionally 2 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add the shrimp and marinade; cook and stir constantly about 3 minutes or until the shrimp are pink.
- Spoon shrimp and vegetables into warmed tortillas; garnish with sour cream, cilantro and onion if desired.
- Fold up and eat.