Source: Cartoon Network
Raise your hand if you’re completely, ridiculously, can’t-live-without-it obsessed with hummus. . . . Still with me? Thought so. Dippable, versatile, and pretty darn good for you, this bean dip is a fridge staple for good reason. Here are 11 ways, both classic and creative, to sneak even more hummus into your life.
Source: Jelly Toast
- In a wrap or sandwich instead of mayonnaise, aioli, or other spreads.
- Topped with spiced ground beef and pine nuts. (This might sound a bit odd, but it’s actually a traditional Lebanese mezze and delicious.)
- Spread thick on toast and topped with pickled veggies for a light lunch.
- As the star of a bagel sandwich (either close- or open-face); we’re partial to the combination of a whole-wheat bagel with spicy hummus, sliced cucumbers, and sun-dried tomatoes, but you do you.
As a snack:
- Top crostini with sun-dried tomatoes and pea shoots, or put the same toppings on one big piece of toast.
- Paired with something carb-y (pita cut into triangles, pita chips, pretzels), straight from the tub.
- Straight from the tub on a spoon. (Obvious, but not to be overlooked.)
Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Nicole Perry
Dressed up for a party:
- As part of a homemade mezze platter (include as many or as few of the components as you feel like).
- Served in individual crudité and hummus shots. This presentation looks luxe and means that you and your guests can double-dip to your hearts’ content.
- As the base of a Mediterranean spin on seven-layer dip.
- Spread on cucumber slices and topped with sun-dried tomatoes and parmesan for a cute hors d’oeuvre.
from POPSUGAR Food http://www.popsugar.com/food/Ways-Eat-Hummus-37571269